Drawing on experiences of the COVID-19 pandemic, the inaugural Cochrane Convenes will bring together leaders across the world to explore and then recommend the changes needed in evidence synthesis to prepare for and respond to future global health emergencies.
Proposed themes for the event include:
- Prioritising and identifying evidence needs of users
- Production and synthesis of evidence – Connecting primary and secondary research
- Production and synthesis of evidence - Producing timely and relevant evidence synthesis
- Getting the right evidence to people
- Helping people to find and use evidence
- Engaging with decision-makers to support evidence-informed policy and practice
- Getting political buy-in to research
The event will be organized into a series of invitation-only thematic roundtables and end with an open session on 14 October where final recommendations will be presented. The final session will include keynote speakers, a panel discussion, and an interactive question and answer period.